5 double-click tricks to optimize Excel
Since we love Excel so much and use it all the time, it seems only fitting that we honor it with 5 double click tricks that show off just how it easy it can be to use. Ready? Let’s go!
- The Excel Logo – Here’s an easy one: Locate the small excel logo in the upper left hand corner of the application. Double click it to close Excel. If you have a workbook open, it will first ask you if you want to save your work. Nice and easy.
- Splitting the Workbook – Look carefully just above the worksheet scroll bar up arrow and you will see a small silver bar. Double click that tiny bar to split your worksheet in two horizontally. This will let you ‘freeze’ a top row of data and then scroll down in the lower section. To split the workbook vertically double click the same silver bar that’s at the lower right of the worksheet next to the right scroll arrow.
- Ribbon Names –Make the ribbon appear and disappear by double clicking any ribbon name.
- Auto-fill Cells – If you have created a formula in a worksheet that you want to extend across several cells adjacent to data, just double click in the bottom right hand corner of the cell with the formula. Excel will auto-fill all the cells in adjacent to the data with the formula.
- Jump to Last Cell – Choose any cell in a table and double click on the cell border in the direction you want to go. You will automatically be sent to the final cell in that direction with a value in it.
Watch these tricks speed up your productivity today!
Want to learn more about Excel? Check out what ClipTraining has to offer on Excel Training.